Today we want to introduce you to the traditional Italian comfort food dish – Minestrone soup. It’s a warm and cosy dish served on every Italian table, fully vegetarian. By the way, you can vary the ingredients and add any vegetables and spices on your taste. Create and enjoy!
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- half red pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 500ml vegetable stock (if preferred you can use chicken stock)
- 50g pasta on your preference
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 1tsp oregano
- 250g frozen soya beans, defrosted
- 2tsp green pesto
- ground black pepper
- Parmigiano cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a pan over the medium heat and add onion, carrot and pepper. Gently cook until it’s getting brown.
- Add the stock and wait until it starts boiling. Reduce the heat and add the pasta and cook for about 6-7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano and soya beans and bring to the boil again, stirring regularly and cook until the pasta is ready.
- Serve with a spoon of pesto, sprinkle of black pepper and grater Parmigiano cheese in each bowl.