This original recipe will satisfy even the most sophisticated gourmands. Very light and healthy dish suitable even for those who watches their weight. Good for everyday meal, as well as special occasions such as dinner-party with the guests.
- 500g minced turkey breast
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 450g canned black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Mix turkey mince, egg whites, bread crumps, salt and pepper in a bowl. Make the meatballs, approximately golf ball sized each.
- Heat 2 tsp of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs until they are browned for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add corn, black beans, chicken broth, lime juice, cumin, coriander and paprika. Mix it all together and reduce heat to medium.
- Partially cover the pan and cook until the simmer until the meatballs a fully cooked (about 5 minutes). Sprinkle with the freshly chopped cilantro and serve.