Quinoa is a protein-packed grain that contains every amino acid, and is particularly rich in lysine, which promotes healthy tissue growth throughout the body. Quinoa risotto is a healthier and lighter version of traditional risotto, rich with fragrance, taste and color.
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 60ml olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 300g quinoa
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 80ml white wine
- 625ml chicken stock
- cooked prawns, peeled (tails intact)
- 1/3 cup oregano leaves
- Preheat oven to 160 C. Place tomatoes on the baking tray and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil. Sprinkle some salt and sugar and bake until softened, about 25 minutes.
- While tomatoes are baking, heat the remaining olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook until softened, for about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and chilli and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the quinoa, stir everything well. Then add tomato paste and wine and stir in. Simmer for 1 minute, until the wine is evaporated.
- Pour stock and bring to simmer. Cook until quinoa is tender, for about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add prawns, tomatoes and half of your oregano. Stir everything well and sprinkle the remaining oregano. Ready to serve.