Roasted sausages is the British favourite family comfort food. Traditional dish with a nice sprinkle of originality is definitely worth to try! This recipe is quick and easy to cook, using only one dish. If you are cooking it for children, replace wine with any kind of stock.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced into wedges
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into large dice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp thyme leaves, chopped
- 500g baby new potatoes, unpeeled and halved
- 12 sausages, pricked with a fork
- 200ml white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220 C.
- Put all the ingredients (except wine) in a large resalable freezer bag. Close the bag and mix everything, shaking well, so the ingredients are coated with the oil. You can also mix it in a large bowl.
- Put the ingredients onto a baking tray, making one even layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes until its’ golden, then remove from the oven, turn the sausages around ant toss the vegetables in the cooking juices. Pour in the wine and return to the oven for 20 minutes more, until sausages are cooked and potatoes are tender.
- Serve hot with a mustard on a side.