We love sharing classic and national favourite recipes with you, and today there is no exception. Chili con Carne originally comes from Spain but it managed to spread all over the world and become super popular for a short period of time. Go cook it today and explore the taste of Spain ;)
- 500g minced beef
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chillis, minced
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 400g vine tomatoes, chopped
- 400g red kidney beans, cooked
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1½ C brown beef stock
- Salt, pepper on taste
- Olive oil
- In a pot saute garlic and onion in oil.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes or until tomatoes are mashed.
- Add beef and mix until brown in colour this will take around 3-5 minutes.
- Add beef stock, tomato paste, cumin, chilli, oregano and kidney beans, bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.