If you are dying for some fancy BBQ night, then the following recipe is a perfect choice for you. Although it requires a lot of patience, due to a long marinating process, all the ingredients are available and it is not difficult to cook it at all. Just prepare everything in advance and you will not regret. Enjoy ;)
- 1 Tbsp black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 dried chilis, broken
- 1 dried bay leaf
- ½ C dry red wine
- 1 Tbsp wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ‘3 springs rosemary
- olive oil
- 900-1000 g skirt steak, cur into strips
- Toast peppercorns, coriander seeds, chilis, and bay leaf in a skillet over medium heat, just until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer it to a cutting board and lightly crush.
- Transfer spices into some casserole dish and pour wine, vinegar, garlic, rosemary and oil; and whisk it all together.
- Place steaks into your marinade, turning them to coat all over. Cover with a cling film and place to fridge for at least 4 hours (better even more, up to 12 hours), turning occasionally.
- Approximately 30 minutes before cooking, remove steak from marinade and set at a room temperature. Pour marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Set aside.
- Heat the grill over a medium-high flame. Grill steaks for 6-8 minutes on each side (depending on how you want it to be cooked), basting with cooked marinade occasionally.
- Allow it to rest for several minutes and serve.