Did you know that types of summer squash actually include zucchini, so in fact it is the same vegetable? This plant contains mostly water, and thus it is not reach in calories, making it perfect option for summer diet. Along with this, squashes are a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, Calcium, and Iron. Use this recipe as a side option or independent vegetarian dish, you will enjoy it anyway.
- Olive Oil
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- ¼ tsp dried Italian herbs
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Add zucchini, squash and all your seasonings.
- Cook until zucchini and squash are browned lightly, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm or cold.