5 Delicious and Fun Recipes To Make With Your Kids
5 Delicious and Fun Recipes To Make With Your Kids Since the nationwide closures of school, parents across the country faced the challenging task to keep their children healthy, happy and entertained. With many of us now spending more time at home, one of the simplest ways to reduce the feeling...
5 Delicious and Fun Recipes To Make With Your Kids
1. French Bread Pizza
If you don't want to spend hours making dinner, this recipe is for you! The best thing is, these pizzas feature the ingredients you can easily find in your fridge or pantry and come from the toppings you choose! This is a really affordable way to prepare a fresh and healthy meal!
In case you are still missing something, you can always order it online via our platform to get it delivered in minutes!
- 6 whole Deli Rolls Or Crusty Italian Rolls
- Jarred Marinara Sauce Or Pizza Sauce
- Jarred Or Refrigerated Pesto
- 2 pounds Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- Grated Parmesan Cheese To Taste
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 whole Onion, Sliced
- 1/2 pound Sausage (regular Breakfast Sausage Or Italian Sausage)
- Pepperoni Slices
- Bacon Slices
- Pineapple Chunks, Fresh Or Canned
- Roma Tomatoes, Sliced
- Sliced Black Olives
- Optional Ingredients: Goat Cheese, Sliced Bell Peppers, Various Cheeses, Pepperoncinis, Jalapeno Slices, Diced Red Onion, Any Other Pizza Topping You'd Like!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice rolls in half and lay them, cut side up, on a large baking sheet.
- Top each half with a generous portion of either marinara or pesto. Next, top with a generous amount of grated mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Add whatever toppings you'd like on top of the cheese!
- Once all assembled, put the pan in the oven on the lowest rack for 8 to 10 minutes. Crank up the heat to 425 and put it on the highest rack until the cheese starts to bubble a bit and turn golden.
- Remove and serve immediately! You can cut the pizzas in half right across the middle so there are mini-French Bread Pizzas for everyone.
2. Protein Balls
Protein balls are an easy and healthy way to snack on throughout the week! Try to make it with your little ones, as it would be fun for them to help form the balls and get involved!
- 1 cup nut butter (almond, peanut or sunflower)
- 5 dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup protein powder
- 3/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Place mixture in a food processor and blend until combined.
- Using a 1 tbsp measure roll into balls.
For Chocolate Drizzle (optional): melt 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Allow to cool and then drizzle over protein balls.
3. Salad In A Jar
Wondering how to get your children to eat more salad? Let them build their own with this super fun and nutritious salad in a jar recipe! We promise it will create a huge shift in your child's eating habits!
- 1 jar
- 3 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1/2 cup protein (cooked chicken, cubed tofu, beans, etc.)
- 1/2 cup chopped veggies (peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.)
- 1/4 cup nuts or seeds (pepitas, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, etc.)
- 1-2 cups chopped romaine
- Layer the salad ingredients in the order listed into the jar, packing in as much romaine as you need to create a tight pack.
- Cover the jar, and place it in the fridge for up to a week.
- To eat, dump the entire contents of the jar into a bowl, toss, and enjoy!
4. Watermelon And Berry Fruit Salad
This refreshing recipe is full of healthy benefits: it is hydrating, low in calories and rich in antioxidants which a good for your heart health and help fight cancer. You definitely have to give it a try!
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into cubes
- 2 cups strawberries, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 of lime, squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon mint, chopped
Place the seeded, chopped watermelon in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the honey, lime juice, and mint. Pour over the watermelon. Add the berries and toss gently to coat. The dish is ready to serve!
5. Healthy Grilled Chicken Burger
If you ask your child what dish he/she would like to eat for the entire year, it would be a burger! But let's switch a traditional beef option to a healthier alternative and make a grilled chicken burger loaded with flavor and vegetables! Follow our recipe and get ready to fall in love with this easy grilled chicken burger recipe!
Chicken Burger Seasoning:
- 1 large avocado peeled and mashed
- 4 slices of your favorite kind of cheese
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 leaves leafy green lettuce
- 4 hamburger buns
- Mix seasonings together. Lightly coat chicken breast halves in oil and sprinkle seasonings all over both sides of the chicken.
- Prepare, clean and lightly oil grill grates. Turn grill to medium-high heat.
- Once hot, cook chicken for about 5-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Cover with tinfoil to rest while you prepare the burger toppings. Mash the avocado in a bowl and sprinkle with a little lemon juice, if desired, to keep it from browning.
- Assemble burgers. Enjoy!
Don't forget to visit our website to find the recipes' ingredients and order the best-quality products from a wide selection of our trusted grocery retailers!