Careers at Grocemania - we're hiring talanted people
At Grocemania, we are transforming the way people think about groceries while supporting local retailers.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are providing people with limitless access to different producers and stores, turning boring shopping from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want when they want, where they want it just in a tap of a button.
Business Development Manager, London / Birmingham / Leeds / Cardiff
We are looking for Business Development Managers to join various teams. This is a great opportunity to become a critical member of a rapidly growing business in a competitive market. You’ll be responsible for building relationships with new retail partners in your area, improving our proposition for customers, and identifying ways to continue our fast growth. This is an excellent role for an outgoing and commercial individual who enjoys building relationships.
What you’ll be doing
- Map, prospect, pitch, and close new retailers and restaurants across the Commuter Belt in a very methodical and organized fashion. This means being a city level expert including knowing the up and coming restaurants
- Communicate (physical visits, emails, calls, social media) with restaurants to demonstrate Grocemania's technology
- Oversee the restaurant on-boarding process to ensure it is as quick, efficient, and seamless as possible
- Ensure retailer and merchants success within the first eight weeks from signing
- Sample food & groceries from a variety of high-quality establishments
- Attend grocery and food meetups
- Number of stores signed up to Grocemania
- Be comfortable with targeting new business and have proven sales experience in a fast-moving environment
- Have experience and confidence pitching things they’re passionate about
- Have great communication skills whether it be face to face, through phone, or email
- Be able to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients
- Be able to take ownership and work within demanding targets
- Have an interest in all things food and restaurants
- Be tenacious and self-motivated
Benefits and Diversity
At Grocemaniawe know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritize their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away, and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgment when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion, or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.