5-Ingredients Dinner Ideas
5-Ingredients Cooking Ideas Looking for inspiring cooking ideas that don't come with a long list of pricey ingredients? We've got you covered! Here is our selection of mouthwatering meals which do not require more than 5 main ingredients to make! Well, ok, we don't count staple ingredients like salt and pepper...
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a large plastic bag; seal.
- Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, and then remove chicken from bag; discard marinade.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- When the grill temperature reaches 165 degrees, place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray and grill 6 minutes on each side or until done.
2. Black Bean & Coconut Rice Bowl
- 1/2 cups coconut water
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 can black beans
- 1 fresh mango
- 1 Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Bring 1 1/2 cups coconut water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat.
- Stir in 1 cup rice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Return to a gentle simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and cook covered until water is absorbed 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it stand covered for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 can black beans (including liquid) in a separate saucepan over medium heat until simmering.
- Scoop rice and beans into bowls and top each bowl with 1 tablespoon Teriyaki Sauce and diced fresh mango.
3. Grilled Steak With Pineapple Rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin fillets
- cooking spray
- 1 can pineapple slices in juice, drained
- 6 green onions
- 2 packages pre-cooked brown rice
- salt to taste
- Mix soy sauce, pepper, and beef in a large plastic bag and cover beef with a sauce; let stand at room temperature 7 minutes.
- While steak marinates, heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray and arrange pineapple and green onions in pan; cook 5 minutes.
- Cut onions and pineapple into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook rice according to package directions; once cooked stir in pineapple, onions, and salt. Keep warm.
- Add beef to grill pan coated with cooking spray; cook 3 minutes on each side or until the desired degree. Serve beef with rice mixture.
4. Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix
- 1/2kg baby carrots
- 1/2kg baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- 2 cups green beans
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Take 1 teaspoon Italian dressing mix and toss it together with carrots, potatoes, and oil; place a remaining dressing mix on a foil baking sheet, and arrange vegetables in a single layer.
- Arrange chicken on top of carrot and potato mixture; sprinkle chicken with dressing mix.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is golden brown 35 to 40 minutes.
- Add green beans to potato and carrot mixture and bake altogether about 7 minutes.
5. Pesto Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- 6 bell peppers
- 2 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 can of pesto
- Turn on oven broiler to high. Place bell peppers under broiler and broil from 5 minutes on each side until skin begins to turn black.
- Remove peppers from oven, set aside. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine the shredded chicken with 1 cup shredded cheese, the pesto and the quinoa and toss to coat.
- Once peppers are cool enough to handle, slice in half and remove seeds.
- Add a heaping 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture to each pepper and top with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Visit our website grocemania.co.uk to order all ingredients to try these delicious recipes at home!