Best Homemade Tacos Recipes
Best Homemade Tacos Recipes Make your tasty tacos for a Mexican feast! Pack your tortillas with delicious fillings, including chicken, shrimps, and ground beef! Beef Tacos Ingredients: 1 (2.5 - 3 lb) chuck roast or cross rib roast 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil Salt and freshly ground black pepper 1 (14 oz) can beef broth 1...
- 1 (2.5 - 3 lb) chuck roast or cross rib roast
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14 oz) can beef broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Dab both sides of beef dry with paper towels.
- Season beef with salt and pepper (about 1 tsp salt, 3/4 tsp pepper) and sear in pot until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes each side.
- Transfer beef to a 6 or 7 quart slow cooker. Pour beef broth over roast.
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin, onion and garlic powder evenly over roast. Cover slow cooker and cook on low heat 8 hours (high heat cooking is not recommend here).
- Remove roast from slow cooker, shred beef (remove fat) and return shredded beef to slow cooker (season with a little more salt if needed).
- Add in lime juice, cover with lid and cook on low an additional 5 - 10 minutes while preparing toppings and tortillas.
- Remove beef from slow cooker with tongs to remove juices when plating or drain in a colander.
- Serve in warmed tortillas with desired toppings.
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" strips
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook until golden, 6 minutes. Add spices and stir until coated, 1 minute more. If needed, add a little more oil or water to help spices coat chicken.
- Build tacos: In tortillas, layer chicken and desired toppings. Serve with lime wedges.
- 1 pound medium shrimp (thawed & peeled)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 8-10 medium flour tortilla
- Toppings (optional, to taste): sour cream, salsa, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, etc.
- Prep your shrimp. If frozen, run them under cool water until thawed. Peel them and remove the tails.
- Meanwhile, prep your toppings.
- Add the shrimp to a skillet along with the olive oil and spices. Cook over medium-high heat until the shrimp are no longer pink, flipping/stirring them occasionally (about 5-6 minutes).
- Assemble tacos as desired and serve immediately.
Try To Add These Toppings To Spice It Up!
Thinly sliced red onion
Shredded Monterey Jack