Ramen Noodles is a traditional Asian pasta that has a very delicate texture. It can be served as a soup or main course but anyways it is a delicious dish. This recipe will gather the whole family together and male your evening more joyful!
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 2·5cm piece fresh ginger, sliced into thin sticks
- 1 star anise
- 150g udon noodles
- 2 beef (better sirloin) steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g shitake mushrooms (if too large slice in halfs)
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 200g baby leaf greens, finely shredded
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- small bunch coriander, stalks chopped
- Boil 1Ltr of water in a large pan and stir the miso paste in. Add ginger and anise and simmer on a low heat. While it’s simmering, cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Heat the frying pan over a high heat. Oil and season the steaks. Cook them for 2-3 minutes on each side until the meat is brown on the edges and pink inside. Set aside to rest.
- Add the mushrooms and greens into your miso stock and simmer for 5 minutes more. Meanwhile, in a separate pan heat the remaining oil and fry the chili, spring onions and coriander, just until it’s soft.
- Slice the steak into thin slices. Put the noodles into a bowl, pour with the miso stock and put the steak slices on top. Add your chili mixture and remaining coriander and serve.