Stuffed peppers is a famous dish all over the world. There is no particular country of origin, as different countries have their own recipe. We like this dish because it’s healthy, nutritious and contains all in one – main course with a side at the same time. We hope you enjoy this recipe just like we do.
- 6medium bell peppers, deseeded, tops removed and reserved
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 250g ground beef
- 1 tspsalt
- 1 tsppepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Preheat oven to 180-190 C. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and once boiling, place peppers and pepper tops into the pot. Cook until peppers are tender, about 6 to 7 minutes. Once ready, remove peppers from the pot and drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium - high heat. Add onion and cook until it’s transparent, about 4 minutes. Add carrot, celery and garlic and continue cooking until vegetables are softened, about 4 minutes more.
- Add beef, salt and pepper and cook, until meat is not pink anymore, about 7 minutes. Add tomatoes and rice and cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Fill the peppers with the mixture and bake until peppers are heated through, about 5-7 minutes.