Beetroot is extremely healthy and tasty vegetable which can be cooked in many various ways. Its texture allows it to be used for starters, soups, mains or even desserts, whether it is raw or cooked. However, there are some more cool facts about beetroot, for example, it can cure a hangover and be used to treat depression. Hopefully, you'll enjoy this salad, full of vitamins and fragrance ;)
- 2 medium size Beetroot
- 1/4 C roasted peanuts (ground)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 green chilies (chopped)
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Wash and peel beetroot, cut them in half and boil for about 8-10 minutes.
- Once it's cooked, replace them into cold water in order to stop the cooking process. Grate the beetroot in a bowl.
- Add ground roasted peanuts, lemon juice, and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan and put mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilies, Hing and curry leaves. Put off the heat.
- Transfer this mixture to grated beetroot and mix together.