Easy-To-Make Grilled Chicken Shawarma Hummus Bowls!
Easy-To-Make Grilled Chicken Shawarma Hummus Bowls Healthy & satisfying Grilled Chicken Shawarma Hummus Bowls! A generous dollop of hummus gets served with quinoa, a light red cabbage slaw, feta, & grilled chicken shawarma (chicken breasts marinated in tons of middle eastern-inspired spices & grilled to smoky perfection). A healthy & easy...
These shawarma bowls are pretty much all of the best things all combined into one easy & healthy meal:
- smoky grilled chicken shawarma (sounds super fancy, but it is super easy to make!)
- quinoa (because it's healthy!)
- all of the toppings: lemony cabbage slaw, pickled red onions, thinly sliced cucumber, salty crumbles of feta, big fat drizzles of olive oil, a sprinkle of fresh basil served with a pillowy & soft warm pita (basically whatever your happy little heart desires:)
Here's the instruction to make this delicious flavor-rich meal:
1. Marinate the chicken: Place the chicken in a large Ziplock bag or baking dish. Add in the garlic cloves, olive oil, honey, lemon juice, cumin, smoked paprika, cinnamon, ginger, oregano, turmeric, cayenne, Kosher, & ground black pepper. Toss to combine, coating the chicken evenly in the shawarma marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or up to 3 days.
2. Make the lemony cabbage slaw: Meanwhile, as the chicken marinates, make the lemony cabbage slaw. Add the cabbage, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside, or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
3. Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
4. Grill the chicken: Once the chicken has marinated for at least 2 hours & you’re ready to cook dinner, preheat your grill or grill pan (see Recipe Notes) to medium-high heat. Add the chicken, cooking for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board to rest for a minute or two, then thinly slice.
5. Assemble the bowls: Add a large spoonful of hummus to the bottom of a large, shallow bowl. Use the back of a spoon to swoop the hummus across the bottom of the bowl. Add in the lemony cabbage slaw, a spoonful of quinoa, & sliced chicken shawarma. Top with pickled red onions, thinly sliced cucumbers, crumbled feta, and a sprinkling of fresh basil.
6. Serve the hummus bowls with a spritz of lemon and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil as desired. Enjoy!
Don't forget that all the ingredients can be found on our website! Go and check our wide range of trusted grocery retailers now, and try this amazing and easy-to-make dish!