Meatless Monday Recipes!
Meatless Monday Recipes! First of all, what’s Meatless Monday? Meatless Monday is a global movement with a simple message: one day a week, cut the meat. It was launched in 2003 as a non-profit initiative of The Monday Campaigns, working with the Center for a Livable Future (CLF) at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg...
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium zuchinni, diced
- 1/2 aubergine, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 480 ml boiled water
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 150 g pasta
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the onions, garlic, zucchini, aubergine and peppers. Cook for a few minutes on a high heat until lightly browned.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, water, vinegar and spaghetti. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes until the pasta is cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the chopped basil and add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 2 cups broccoli florets about ½ pound
- 5 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk I used whole milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 195 degrees C.
- Roll out pie crust, if not already shaped, and chill until ready to use.
- Place 1-2 cups water in the bottom of a small pot. Add the broccoli, cover, and bring to a boil. Cook the broccoli until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer broccoli to a colander, rinse with cool water, and drain. Chop broccoli into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in the chopped broccoli and cheddar cheese. Pour into the prepared pie shell.
- Bake quiche for 35-40 minutes, until eggs are set in the center. Check on quiche starting at 25 minutes and tent with foil if crust is browning too quickly.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Indian Rice Salad with Mango
- 250 g basmati rice
- 500 ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 big red onion
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 1,5 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 0,5 tsp ground coriander
- 1 big or 2 medium mangoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 1 big lime or 3 key limes
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- salt pepper to taste
- optional: some chopped peanuts
- Put the rice into a pot with the salt and water, bring to a boil, cover with the lid and let simmer on low heat or about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let rest covered for another 5 to 10 minutes. Fluff up with a fork and put into a big salad bowl to cool down.
- Chop the onion into cubes and fry in a pan with 1 tbsp of oil for about 3 minutes. Add the ground spices and a pinch of salt and let fry another minute or until fragrant. Remove from heat. Transfer the onion mixture to a small bowl and let stand for 5 minutes
- Peel and cube the mango and the cucumber and put aside.
- Zest and juice the limes and whisk the lime juice and zest with the remaining 2 tbsp of peanut oil, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in small bowl. Add the dressing to the onion mixture, stir and pour over the rice. Now get in there with your hands and mix everything until the rice is nicely covered with spices and onion bits.
- Now add mango, cucumber, cilantro and if you want, some chopped peanuts and stir everything to combine. Season with salt.